Thursday, April 19, 2018

Rainbow colored EPP hexagon pillow WIP

I try out new things in quilting very frequently and lately I am trying to find the right thread and needle that work best for hand stitching the hexagons and other EPP (English Paper Piecing) shapes together.

I didn't wanna make a project that was of no use when it was finished so I decided to raid my little fabric stash and make a quick rainbow quilt with a fat quarter selection, to turn into a pillow case.

I made a bunch of hexagons, 10 of each color (2 spare ones included, just in case) and I decided on a gray outline of the rainbow simply because I found mini charm squares (2.5" squares) in my stash.

Here is a progress picture so far:
I will add 3 more rows of hexagons. So far it measures approx. 16" across and 17" high. No idea so far what I am going to quilt on this but I am loving it already. If you have ideas, feel free to comment and share with us.
BTW don't the dotted hexagon look like rolling dices? or is it me? lol

I have tried the "in-betweens" needles in the bottom part of my project and decided that they are too short for me to hold and the holes are bigger than I like them to be.
I am now using a Milliners needle with Masterpiece thread from Superior Threads. Love the Bohin Milliners needle (even it is bending slightly)
Below I am sharing the items I have purchased, so you can too.


I will keep sharing this WIP as it progresses and of course I will introduce you to my other WIP's since who doesn't have 1 or 2 or...lol 


No comments:

Post a Comment