Thursday, April 19, 2018

EPP template generating gadgets - Part 1

One of the most asked questions I get from new English Paper Piecing (EPP) lovers/swappers, even seasoned ones, is the question if there is a faster way to cut templates for English Paper Piecing.

So, I am going to share my knowledge here of the products I found to be helpful for my EPP. Every time I will share something new that I have tried.

First I discovered this amazing Hexagon Squeeze Punch...oh my what an eye opener. Now I can sit in front of the tv (even on the go) and just squeeze this punch in 1 layer of cardstock paper and make unlimited amounts of 1" hexagons.


The cardstock/Index card stock, I cut for my hexagon templates with this punch is this 90lbs, gray, 250 sheets/ream.
I find it to work perfectly for my templates and easily removes when needed. It is just a tad "thicker" than normal paper but not flimsy and easy to cut with the Fiskars Squeeze Punch.
With the 1" hexagon Fiskars punch, I get 15 hexagons out of a 8.5" by 11" sheet. This means this ream of cardstock/index card stock will supply me with 3,750 hexagon templates 😁😁😁for about $8-9 on Amazon.


You can use a Scan N cut machine for cutting your EPP templates of course too. I have one and I do use it from time to time for these out of the ordinary EPP templates. In future posts I will supply you with the CSV files (cutting files) for any of the cutting machines out there like the Silhouette and Cricut.


I will work on Part 2 of this series so in the mean time: Make sure to signup for my EPP swaps and EPP Quilt Alongs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment